Do It Yourself (DIY) online animation video makers are a big deal now. A free online video maker is even a bigger deal!
Video content is gaining on text content these days.
In 2015, super marketer, Neil Patel identified video as growing the largest amongst all content marketing types. Some predicted video would represent 70% of all traffic in 2017. Video has exponentially grown in the last few years. Even Facebook has joined the video parade with their Live Facebook.
Hubspot Marketing reported on a number of statistics for 2017 including:
- 37% of marketers said visual marketing was the most important form of content for their business, second only to blogging (38%)
- 74% of social media marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing, ahead of blogs (68%) and videos (60%).
- By 2017, video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic.
- YouTube reaches more 18+-year-olds during prime-time viewing hours than any cable TV network.
If you want to know more about social media marketing, then grab this 2016 report from the Social Media Examiner.
Video Content Types
Video content comes in a variety of types that viewers like.
It is safe to say viewers like video more than the marketers responsible for developing content. Developing content for blogs and websites is much easier than creating videos.
Viewers like all kinds of video types such as:
- Webinars – Wealthy Affiliate has a weekly webinar on online business building
- Presentations – like TED talks, which I find intertaining and informative.
- Interviews – Tim Ferris’ podcasts come to mind in an instance.
- Animation – great for explainer videos like the one I made below
- Tutorials – I like the 6 minute tutorial on boiling eggs in an Instant Pot
- Live streaming – Live Facebook!
- Video blogs – I am partial to miltary vlogs like the Department of Defense news.
- Product reviews – lots of reviews on Youtube.
Animation videos are a popular way to explain complicated products or services. Or serve as landing pages for sales funnels. Watching a video is more entertaining than reading written content. This in turn leads to greater conversions.
There are a number of DIY video maker apps available online. All have free or low cost options to try out their video maker free online.
Check them out. Try their online apps. Watch the tutorial videos. Deciding which animation platform to use is a matter of personal preference.
My preference is Animaker, which I have been using since mid-2106.
What is Animaker?
Animaker is a cloud based animation video maker, which helps to create animated explainer videos, video Infographics and animated presentations like never before.
Six different video styles
- Animaker for 2D – tradition two-dimensional animated environment
- Animaker for 2.5D – pseudo three-dimensional environment
- Animaker for Handcraft – fun method of creating a video using a hand to move illlustrations around the screen
- Animaker for Infographics – tells a story using data
- Animaker for Typography – mixes motion and text together to tell a story
- Animaker for Vertical Videos – orients video vertically for mobile applications
This is the explainer video I recently created using Animaker. It is about 100 seconds long. The lead in graphic video was created by using Viddyoze.
The Animaker Online Animation Video Maker Application
Signing into the member area brings a member to the dashboard as shown in the screenshot below. The red arrow points to the create a video button.
Once a member chooses a blank template or one of the many pre-made templates, the app launches and brings up the workspace shown below. It takes a few seconds as the graphic and tool libraries load. When the workspace loads, a tutorial loads as well. I find it useful as a refresher before starting to create a video.
The following video was developed for the company launch several years ago. It was made with the full upgraded Animaker video app.
Animaker has many features such as animated characters, moving backgrounds, objects, infographic icons, templates, sound effects and sound tracks that can be added to your videos.
You can upload your own graphics as well as audio tracks (including voice overs). Plus you can record your voice over with Animaker. All go into your “My Library” file.
The quantity and quality of the features is dependent upon the pricing plan members select. Besides the free version, there are 3 levels of membership.
I selected the personal version currently billed at $12 a month. I chose this level mostly to remove the Animaker logo from videos made at the free level. (This is a common practice for online apps).
Animated Video Maker Training
Animaker has a number of different training media. They include tutorial videos, frequently asked questions (FAQ), and a knowledge base with a number of articles. Animaker also has a blog with current news and informaton.
Animaker also asks members to suggest tutorial topics via a contact form.
Animaker Video Maker App Summary
I will not call Animaker the best animated video maker app there is. Because I have not tested them all.
But I will say for anyone interested in making animated videos, whether infographic videos or 2D videos or any of the other styles, Animaker is a good choice. Even for students working on school projects.